Mauritius, a sparkling crystal in the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean, will fascinate you. A hypnotic blend of Indian, African and European influences, Mauritius might be synonymous with luxury beach breaks, but this destination will dazzle even the most discerning traveler.
Mauritius is a small volcanic island surrounded by beautiful coral reefs in the Indian Ocean off the coast of East Africa. This small volcanic island is surrounded by magnificent coral reefs and an abundance of exotic sea life. It’s a most exotic island, with lush subtropical forests, over 80 different types of palm trees and craters and basalt rocks littering its interior. It offers superb hiking, excellent mountain climbing and world-class diving.
- Blue Bay- Swim, snorkel or take a glass-bottomed boat out to see the fish and more than 50 species of coral in Blue Bay, Mauritius’ only marine park.
- Explore the beaches- It’s no exaggeration to say beaches are everywhere on Mauritius. Favorites are northern beaches such as Trou aux Biches, shaded by tall casuarinas trees. Mont Choisy,1.2 mile stretch of white sand curves north from here, while between Grand Baie and Cap Malheureux lies the small cove of Péreybère.
- Tour Moka Range- Hike, bike, horse or a 4-wheel drive, see spectacular 360-degree views of Port Louis make the easy two-hour climb of Le Pouce, Mauritius’ third highest mountain.
- Grand Baie- A seaside village with a beautiful beach and emerald waters, the centre of the island’s watersports industry, with parasailing, underwater walks, submarine excursions and semi-submersible scooters all available.
- Le Souffleur- Unusually for reef-protected Mauritius, the full force of the ocean strikes its southern coast, leading to otherworldly rock formations. A cave in cliffs around Souillac at Le Souffleur helps funnel waves into a geyser 65ft. high.
Find your Perfect Destination Match now at www.Virtualhoneymoon.com