The Maldives islands is a tropical wonderland in the exotic Indian Ocean made up of 1,190 coral islands, stretching some 575 miles north to south in the Indian Ocean. Of that number, only 202 are inhabited, and 120 are exclusive island resorts. The atolls are barely higher than sea level, coconut trees, sea cabbage and pandans grow in abundance.
Maldives islands are the ideal setting for romance, a divers paradise, discover the sunny side of life.
Attracting romance with honeymooners, destination weddings, anniversary trips and more!
The Maldives Islands also attracts lovers of the sea for diving, snorkeling and more.
- Addu Atoll– The most southerly of the Maldives island groups, is definitely worth visiting for divers, the coral is the best in the country.
- Hulhumalé Island– Ferry out to this man-made island and take a look to the future. A utopian town, Hulhumalé is set to become the new hub of the Maldives in decades to come as sea levels rise. At 2m above sea level, it is mountainous by local standards.
- Island Hop- To a uninhabited island, spend the night by yourselves, its quite the experience to dream a bit.
- Vilingili Island– Ferry out to the tranquil neighbouring island of Vilingili. Join locals at the beach, watch cricket matches in the park, and picnic under the multitude of gently-waving palm trees.
- Dive Wreck- An unforgettable underwater experience for divers is the wreck of the merchant ship Maldives Victory, which lies 115 ft below the waves near Hulhule. Sinking in 1981, the ship has become an artificial reef, with coral, sponges and fish all making it their home.
To be matched with your Destination and Romance Specialists, try our fun interactive matching tool: www.Virtualhoneymoon.com