Dominican Republic – The Caribbean’s most geographically diverse country, showcasing everything from tropical rainforests and alpine ranges to mangrove swamps and desert expanses. These natural gifts offer superb adventure travel and eco-tourism options, catering for mountain-bikers, trekkers, water sport fanatics among other outdoor enthusiasts. With their almost perfect weather year round 78*-88* its natures tropical paradise, just waiting to be explored!
- Punta Cana- Boasting a series of wide white beaches that stretch nearly uninterrupted for 35 miles, has a well-deserved reputation as one of the most affordable destinations in the Caribbean.
- Puerto Plata- The first beach destination developed for tourism in the Dominican Republic, it remains one of its most popular, with a long string of affordable beachfront resorts and a reputation as one of the best spots for windsurfing in the world. North Coast resorts, including laid-back
- Cabarete- On the North Coast, Cabarete is famous for kite-boarding and also a well known snorkeling area.
- Limon- A impressive waterfall, that is 52 meter high cascading into a amazing swimming hole.
- Santo Domingo- One of the oldest city’s, where Christopher Columbus first landed! Stroll the cobblestone streets, shop Mercado Modelo handcraft market, experience some local food.
*Locals Secret: Merengue Festival- held the last two weeks of July, the largest music festival in the country, most of the activity is on the Malecon but there are related events across the city of Santo Domingo.
*Hidden Gem: Hoyo Azul, a chilly, neon-blue lagoon that’s perfect for diving into on a hot day.
Travel back in time, discover influences of the ancient Taino Indians, Spanish, African, Latin and European, sip a coconut drink, stroll the white sand beaches, the Dominican Republic has it all….Honeymoon or have your Destination Wedding in the Dominican Republic!”
- To connect with a Dominican Republic Island Destination Specialists, and get your personalized travel album and up to $100 off one of our recommended resorts, visit us @ www.VirtualHoneymoon.com/DominicanRepublic
Find your top 2 Destinations, try our fun interactive matching tool and virtually experience your top destinations: www.Virtualhoneymoon.com