Italy– Considered one of the world’s most iconic travel destinations, from Florence’s artistic past, evident from atop Il Duomo to the Uffizi Gallery, to Rome’s Trevi Fountain. Find romance in Venice, cutting edge fashion in Milan, or for an alternative to cosmopolitan Italy travel, savor the beauty of the Lake District, Amalfi Coast to romance under Tuscan sun.
Land of la dolce vita (the sweet life), Italy is one of the world’s best-loved destinations, and no wonder—two-thirds of the world’s historical artistic heritage is there. Tuscany alone possesses more artistic treasures than the whole of Spain, which is the second country in the world for cultural heritage.
Whether you crave culture, gastronomy, cutting-edge design, sybaritic pleasures or simply the art of il dolce far niente—the sweet doing nothing—this is a country for lovers of all that is good in life. A visit to Italy is a lesson in living well. Open-air vegetable and fruit markets, neighborhood bakeries and fresh cheeses made daily are fixtures of Italian life.
Some of our most recommended area not to be missed:
- Rome- explore hidden piazzas and colorful neighborhoods. Tour the Eternal City, and glimpse Via Veneto’s cafes and boutiques
- Venice- drift along enchanting canals and explore winding pathways while the faint echoes of local dialect fill the crescendo of intimate conversations.
- Florence- City of unique charm, symbol of the Renaissance, famous throughout the world for its architectural beauty and the extraordinary works of art in and outside its museums.
- Tuscany- tour the scenic Tuscan countryside and sample renowned wines. Discover intimate trattoria, enjoy chic cities, gentle hills, and medieval towns.
- Amalfi Coast– discover a stunning coastline and lounge on a private beach or sun deck against a backdrop of dramatic cliff sides and verdant green mountain peaks.
To be matched with your Destination and Romance Specialists, try our fun interactive matching tool: www.Virtualhoneymoon.com