Bali is known as the Island of the Gods, truly a dream island paradise, with luminous green rice paddies that stretch for miles; monkeys that run amok at ancient temples; live volcanoes that dominate the landscape. Beautiful, untamed surf beaches to a unique blend of modern facilities combined with wonderful rich cultural heritage. Bali is truly ideal tropical destination has beautiful beaches, an exotic interior complete with a live volcano and rice paddies plus extremely friendly people make this an unforgettable place. Perfect for Honeymoons and Destination Weddings! Recommended highlights:
- Bali’s Pura Besakih- A temple that dates back originally to the 10th century and stands high on the volcanic slopes of Gunung Agung. Nowadays, it is a massive complex of more than 30 temples, and the setting for great ceremonial splendor on festival days.
- Ujong Kulon National Park- Paddle in a dugout canoe through the untouched wilderness, isolated at the extreme south western tip of Java in search of the elusive Java rhino.
- Sea Temple of Tanah- One of the most breathtaking sights of Bali. Jutting from a rock formation into the sea, legend has it that sea snakes guard the temple from evil intruders and demons.
- Krakatoa- Take a boat trip to view Krakotoa, located between Java and Sumatra. Dormant volcanoes include Gunung Agung in Bali, Gunung Rinjani on Lombok island and Keli Mutu on Nusa Tenggara Barat, which has lakes with different colored waters.
- Pasir Timbul– Imagine a beach that only exists for a few hours a day! Technically, these are sand patches that emerge out of the ocean when the tide is low. Different sandbars connect these patches and the result is spectacular. Thankfully, this spot is not on any top 10 beaches of the world lists and was empty when we visited it.
- Pianemo- The most popular spot in Raja Ampat and is used as a cover image for many travel brochures. The viewpoint, in reality, is much better than the pictures, especially if you visit it when the sky is clear.
Take our virtual quiz and discover your Destination Match at www.Virtualhoneymoon.com