Dominican Republic - The Caribbean's most geographically diverse country, showcasing everything from tropical rainforests and alpine ranges to mangrove swamps and desert expanses. These natural gifts offer superb adventure travel and eco-tourism options, catering for mountain-bikers, trekkers, watersport fanatics among other outdoor enthusiasts.
Perfect Weather: Average yearly temperature is a tropical 78-88*degrees
Main City: Santo Domingo
Time Zone: Atlantic Standard Time~ Does not practice daylight savings.
- Punta Cana- Boasting a series of wide white beaches that stretch nearly uninterrupted for 35 miles, has a well-deserved reputation as one of the most affordable destinations in the Caribbean.
- Puerto Plata- The first beach destination developed for tourism in the Dominican Republic, it remains one of its most popular, with a long string of affordable beachfront resorts and a reputation as one of the best spots for windsurfing in the world. North Coast resorts, including laid-back
- Cabarete- On the North Coast, Cabarete is famous for kiteboarding and also a well known snorkeling area.
- Limon- A impressive waterfall, that is 52 meter high cascading into a amazing swimming hole.
- Santo Domingo- One of the oldest city's, where Christopher Columbus first landed! Stroll the cobblestone streets, shop Mercado Modelo handcraft market, experience some local food.
Civil (legal) Marriage requirements:
*Birth certificate (translated)
*If applicable, death or divorce decrees
*Notarized Declaration of Single status
*Two witness - no relation
*Arrive 3 business days before
"Thank you to Dominican Republic & Caribbean tourism for use of photos"